North Wales chimney sweep services based in Abergele
CORONAVRUS SAFE WORKING PRACTISES
I would like to assure all our customers that we take their safety very seriously. We have strict safety procedures in place to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. BEFORE coronavirus we always operated our business with strict regard to safety procedures which protect us as well as you and your property. We use appropriate sheeting to protect floors and carpets and proper dust control measures are normal. We use a proper p3 dust mask and clean gloves for every job as standard.
We now have ENHANCED protection in place:
• When booking an appointment, we will ask you to confirm that everyone in your household has been free of coronavirus symptoms for at least 7 days and that no-one is isolating. We will confirm the same for our household.
• We will contact you the day before your appointment to confirm the health status of your and of our household. We will also ask this as we arrive.
• Please ensure that the route to your chimney / fire is clear and there is adequate space for us to work. Clear out any ashes and move furniture and ornaments where possible.
• Please ventilate the room/s with open windows ahead of our visit where possible.
• We will enter your property wearing mask and gloves. These will remain on for the duration of the visit.
• We will observe recommended social distancing and ask that you remain in another room during the sweeping process.
• A clean sheet will be placed on your floor / carpet.
• We will issue a certificate as usual (e.g. please use your own pen to sign it).
• We will remove and secure / dispose of any consumables appropriately. Used sheets will be disinfected / packaged for cleaning.
• Finally, we will remove gloves etc. and apply hand sanitiser.
We regret we are unable to accept tea and biscuits for now 😊
Taking these precautions will mean we will be able to do less work during the day. It will take us a bit longer to sweep each chimney and decontaminate but, we feel working this way is the right way for both ours and your Health and Safety. It is likely there will be a slight cost increase also for each sweep, as mask filters have already risen in cost as have disposable suits.
Do not be afraid to ask your chimney sweep what safety precautions they are undertaking, what PPE they will wear and ultimately how they can protect you.
We have also updated our Risk assessments, methods statements and have undertaken specific training in Infection Prevention and Control and Disinfection.
If you need advice or wish to make a booking, please Mark on 0777 150 1569.